Caps' supporters are ready for Saturday
TORONTO VS. VANCOUVER
NUTRILITE CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP
FINAL (REPLAY) - 2ND LEG (AGGREGATE 1-1)
BMO FIELD - SATURDAY 12:30PM
TV: SPORTSNET ONE
- Will Toronto FC be able to build momentum from Wednesday night's league win over Whitecaps or are two positive results on the trot too much to ask?
- Would Teitur Thordarson still be coach of Vancouver if God hadn't decided that He didn't like The Caps' back on that rainy night in May?
- Will Julian de Guzman return and "prove his value" to Aron Winter?
- Will TFC come out and aggressively play for a win or allow Whitecaps to attack them as seen in the original 2nd Leg?
- Would anyone notice if the guy in Dan Gargan's jersey looked a lot like Torsten Frings?
MANUFACTURED DERBY NAME: "NutCan 2: Electric Boogaloo"
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
TORONTO: Stefan Frei, Maicon Santos, Nick Soolsma
VANCOUVER: Camilo, Jay DeMerit, Eric Hassli
- Harvey's new Frings stand debuting at BMO Field: 20-1
- If TFC win, massive riots taking care of the parts of Vancouver not already boarded up: 50-1
- Whitecaps taking an early lead - BMO Field hit by tornado: 100-1
WHO ARE YA?
- Whitecaps are apparently rushing to match TFC's ambitious signings by aggressively pursuing Dutch striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and former German international Stefan Kuntz
- The island nation of Iceland will be watching the match live and heavily supporting TFC after the Prime Minister branded Vancouver as "racist against Icelanders"
- Supporters are being asked to ignore any loud clock-ticking noises at BMO Field as it is simply time running out on Julian de Guzman's TFC career
THE WAGER: 0-0 Draw (2011: 15-8 with 4 exact scores)
FUTURE HEADLINE: "NUTCAN FINAL A TOTAL RIOT"