The Yorkies' Regular Features

Starting 11       The Word       The Matchup       After 90       The South Stand Report

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BMOhemian Rhapsody


To celebrate our humble milestone of passing 200,000 hits to this little playground of football malarkey, we thought we'd have a little sing-a-long. While we often share some chants with you on here, today's is a bit special.
 
While we don't like to toot our own horn (TOOT!), today we take a look at the new BMO Field South Stand song sensation - Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". What started off as a lark at TFC matches led by original Yorkies @ignirtoq and @philbot101 and our long-time section-mates in 113, it has slowly spread through our section and beyond via our Supporters Group brethren and random goodniks.
 
While the absurdity of making a six minute rock opera classic a terrace hymn is lost on no one and its difficulty level is "very high" - it has actually started to catch on! There is no set starting time during the match to begin a "BoRhap" but it seems to suit the 2nd Half and so far it has (we like to say directly) lead to three TFC goals! We think the time is right for you to learn the Rhapsody and bring it to your corner of BMO Field, or join in if it starts nearby.
 
So, as a thanks to you for dropping by our site 200,000 times we bring you Bohemian Rhapsody in all its Freddie Mercury moustachioed glory. Play the video (below), learn the ridiculously melodramatic lyrics and enjoy our notes (in red brackets) that prove why this is the shockingly perfect song for TFC and BMO Field.
 
"BMOhemian Rhapsody"
 
(This verse is definitely about life at BMO Field...)
Is this the real life? (For six years, yes)
Is this just fantasy? (Nope)
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality (5 Year Plans)
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see, (Inclement weather)
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, (Shut it, Montreal)
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low, (All of the highs and lows)
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter (We keep renewing!)
To me… to me
 
(Verse two is possibly an Anselmi confession...)
Mama,
I just killed a man, (Read "club")
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger
Now he's dead (Casual fan support)
Mama... life had just begun, (2007)
But now I've gone and thrown it all away (2012)
Mamaaaaa oooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry, (You did Tom)
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, (Don’t tease)
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
(We would Tom... we would. Happily)
 
(The "Dichio" verse)
Too late, my time has come, (to leave England)
Sends shivers down my spine, (It was lumbago)
Body's aching all the time (Flights to Columbus)
Goodbye, ev'rybody, I've got to go,
Got to leave you all behind and face the truth (Achy spine)
Mamaaaaa oooh, (Away the wind blows)
I don't want to die, (Forced retirement)
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
(Don't say that Danny - Wall of Honour?)
 
(Guitar solo) (Someone please bring a ghetto blaster to 113)
 
(A short verse on Preki)
I see a little silhouetto of a man, (Little and angry)
Scaramouche! Scaramouche! (Serbian?)
Will you do the Fandango?! (Fandango = Prekiball?)
 
(NutCan time!)
Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me!
(Frightening to Vancouver Whitecaps too)
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Galileo (Is he an Italian CB?)
Galileo, Figaro - magnifico (4 Times magnifico!)
 
(Reds' supporters in general. Just make it plural)
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity!
 
(A general verse on Dwayne De Rosario)
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go? (To Glasgow?)
Bismilah! No, we will not let you go! (Bismilah may be DeRo)
(Let him go!) (DeRo's agent?)
Bismilah! We will not let you go!
(Let him go!)
Bismilah! We will not let you go!
(Let me go) Will not let you go!
(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go!
(Let me go) Never let you go (Let me go) Ohhh!
No, no, no, no, no, no, no (Unless they throw in Tony Tchani)
 
Oh mama mia, mama mia,
Mama mia, let me go (Fine, you're off to New York)
Beelzebub (Mo Johnston) has a devil put aside for me,
For me,
For meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
 
(AND BOUNCE!!!)
 
(The venting of anger we have all felt...)
So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye?!?!
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?!?!
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out,
Just gotta get right outta here!
 
(Guitar solo) (Again - ghetto blaster)
 
(And resignation that we love them no matter what)
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me...
 
Anyway the wind blows...
(Usually off the lake, full of sleet and straight into our faces...)

6 comments:

  1. Galileo, Galileo (Is he an Italian CB?)

    Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already have great songs at games - we don't need more. This is a dumb song, makes no sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's we?
    Don't like don't sing, keep on stuffin dawgs down yer throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing this at tfc matches. This was actually sung by I believe the U-sector guys at a reserve game back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's great! Guess that means more people in the South End know the words - everyone should be singing it then!

      Delete
  5. Did you know you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get $$$$$ for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete