Trillium cup. Trillium saucer also pictured.
(*Not in any way a Cup Final)
BMO FIELD - SATURDAY 5PM ET
WHY SHOULD I WATCH THIS?
- Well our fair manager claims that this match is a cup final akin to the NutCan vs. Montreal. So there.
- Just to be clear it's really not.
- If TFC win the Trillium Cup, will the Daily Mail proclaim Jermain Defoe as "cup winning World Cup omission"?
- Can this be Gilberto's big day? Stop laughing.
- How will Columbus handle Higuain's absence?
- How will Toronto handle Caldwell's absence?
- Has Columbus Crew cleaned Crew Cat's kibble out of the cup?
MANUFACTURED DERBY NAME:
"The New Soft"
Gilberto vs. Jaio Arrieta
WHO ARE YA?
While it was easy to mock Ryan Nelsen's assertions that a Trillium Cup final and a Canadian Championship final are of the same stature, it turns out the Kiwi wasn't as far off as we thought.
Breakaway football organization FIFFA (Federation International Floral Football Associations) has just announced that the Trillium Cup winner will now be eligible for their international tournament - The Floral World Cup.
Held annually in a billionaire's botanical garden, the Cup will see either Columbus or Toronto test their skills against other winners of football/floral competitions including the winners of Switzerland's "Edelweiss Pokal", Moldova's "Weed Growing Out of Concrete Cup" and Colombia's "Copa Del Perfectly Legal Cash Crop".
VOCAL MINORITY PODCAST: #Juliaoooooo
Do you find yourself saying "I like reading almost-football based words but boy do I wish I could stick them in my earholes"? Well now you can!
In this week's episode, Kristin is brow-beaten into giving Bradley Orr his manly due, Tony finds it's not easy bein' cheesy, Duncan has a spoiler about Saturday's halftime show all while Mark is away at the USA camp and ruining Landon Donovan's dreams.
Just click on the "Vocal Minority Podcast" icon on the right side of this site and set your ears to stun! FAGUNDEZ!
While you're clicking you should really read our partners in pod Waking The Red. They like to write actual real, quality TFC stuff. Weird. They are linked in our Links section on the right. Where else would they be?